Monday 1 February 2016

Be my valentine - Free Printable

January has come and gone and it is already the first day of February!! Since February is the month of love, what a better way to start it than by sharing a free printable so you can make your own adorable Valentine's like the ones shown here!




They are super easy to make and you can add either chocolate hearts or paper hearts to your arrow.

Here's what you need:

- Free printable (link here): print out on an A4 sheet of paper (I use a 216 g/m2 grade paper) and cut out just inside the black line (or include the black line if you want to have an outline!)

- Pattern paper of your choice for the background: I cut mine approximately 6 in x 3 in (15.5cm x 7.5cm)

- Hearts - use your imagination here! I used a mix of store bought hearts (IKEA has packs of 36 patterned hearts), some that I punched using the Stampin' Up! heart punch, as well as little chocolate hearts. (Note: this is a great way to use up some of your scrap paper :-)!)

- Twine or ribbon to tie around one side of the Valentine

- Markers or watercolour paints to add a bit of color to the end of your arrow (this is optional)

Cut just inside the black lines on the printable and glue to the pattern paper. Color in the feathery bit on the arrow and then stick on your heart. I stitched the paper hearts to my arrow using my sewing machine to give it a bit more texture and have the arrow fold up on the edges. Use your imagination to jazz it up - glitter glue, textured papers,  and so on! The possibilities are endless!

Here are some more of my finished Valentine's...



If you like these, but don't have time or materials to make them yourself, you can drop by The Creative Café this coming Saturday and make some with me! Check out our workshop here for more information.

Have a great week!
Julie






No comments:

Post a Comment